The Motability Scheme allows people with disabilities to lease a car, mobility scooter or powered wheelchair in exchange for their mobility allowance.
If you are currently receiving any of the following allowances:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independent Payments (AFIP)
and your entitlement is set to continue for at least a further 12 months,
then you are eligible for the Motability Scheme!
The Motability Scheme is a 3-year contract rental scheme which will supply you with a brand new scooter or powered wheelchair for only a £100 deposit. Further rental payments are then taken from your benefit before you receive it so there is no need for you to even have a bank account.
Included in the rental is:
- Insurance against theft, accidental damage or any claim against you from anyone who claims that you have hit or hurt them
- Warranty against any fault or failure on the vehicle for the entire 3 years
- Replacement of any parts that wear out, e.g. batteries, tyres, etc.
- A breakdown service that will get you home should your vehicle let you down
- Annual servicing
Access Able are an approved Motability dealer in Bristol,
if you live in the area just give us a call on 0117 980 1820 or pay us a visit
for more information and to start your Motability contract!