The Periform Plus is the improved intra-vaginal electrode, designed for use with a muscle stimulator, e.g. Pericalm, for the treatment of stress, urge and mixed urinary incontinence.
Other features and benefits include –
- Can be used with most muscle stimulators and biofeedback equipment (refer to manufacturer’s instructions before use)
- Single patient use
- Medical grade surgical stainless steel
- Unique ‘rectangular’ section resists lateral movement
- Contoured electrode provides comfortable stimulation
- Smooth clean shape
- Long integrated cables
- Push fit indicator wand with extension pieces
- Easy to clean design
When attached to a muscle stimulator such as Pericalm, the Periform Plus delivers a safe and gentle electrical current to tone the pelvic floor muscles, making them stronger. When attached to a biofeedback unit such as Peritone, the Periform Plus picks up electrical activity in the pelvic floor muscles and displays the information on the unit’s screen to show you that you are contracting your muscles correctly.
Unique Indicator Wand
- Visual aid to teach correct pelvic floor exercises
- Push fit
- Extension pieces provide greater amplification of pelvic floor movements to improve visual biofeedback
- Demonstrates benefit of bracing before cough etc.
- Provides vital information on the efficiency of muscle stimulation